Saturday, March 5, 2011

What I've been up to!

February was super busy for me with school and work and traveling so here is a bit of what I did :)
First we have my little Char in his freshly cleaned cage and thats just because I want to show off my boy :)

I went to the Genesse crab feed that I have been wanting to go to for years. This was super fun I went with a bunch of people I work with. The night was filled with friends, wine and of course crab. here is a pic of my dinner in all it's wonderfulness. I had crab which this is only half the crab the other half was still wrapped up, potato salad, baked beans, and coleslaw. It was great.

Then I headed home on presidents day while I was down I gave Jeremy his v-day present which happened to include CAMO COOKIES!! I am very proud of them if you couldn't tell.

The next night we went to dinner in Jackpot Nevada with mom, Kody, Allison and her two boys Kody and Kamron. It was a great meal and a lot of fun I laughed so hard I was crying. The Next Day Jeremy took me out to shoot his new gun. The AR!!! This thing scares me but I have to admit it is fun. This is him shooting it.

We also went to balanced rock which was fun. I had never been there before. I got to learn all about it from an expert :)

We went to dinner that night and after dinner even though we were full we ordered dessert and got this HUGE piece of chocolate cake and even the two of us sugar fiends couldn't finish it.

That Monday was my fabulous Aunt Suzy's birthday and she doesn't look a day over 18.

While babysitting I ended up getting gum stuck in my hair and I had to cut almost 4 inches off which made me sad since I had been trying to grow it out. Since every time I go get my hair cut they charge me extra to cut it and dye it because it's so thick so this time I cut it myself. I had trimmed it myself before but never taken this much off myself. Then I dyed it and it was suppose to be a chocolate brown and it came out a bit lighter but I still think it looks fine. What do you think?

When i came back to Moscow there was snow almost all the way up but none in Moscow till the next morning I woke up to this...

The Next day was worse and it continued to snow for 11 days straight. This was the second day. A foot and a half on my car.

My hand in comparison.

Here is a picture of Kassie she can't stand being away from me so here is her favorite place to be.

Then for one of my 25 before Twenty Five I was suppose to cook new things so I made Chocolate Hazelnut Biscotti!
My ingredients are assembled.

I toasted the Hazelnuts which by the way is one of my new favorite smells. They smell amazing while baking.

And we have the final product my biscotti! They tasted wonderful but I think next time I will use less hazelnuts than they said to use.

Also I have been on a Rug kick recently. I have been looking into using new materials to make things and I have a wonderful rug in my kitchen that we paid 25 bucks for but I realized it was made out of torn up tee shirts knitted together. This is something that would take me an hour or so since it is just a simple knit. so I have now been making random things out of stuff so here are my 2 rugs I made this month.
The first I had a ton of fabric just sitting there so I decided to make a front door mat since mine keeps getting stolen.

Here it is all torn up and ready to be knitted.

The finished product! It has been out there for a couple weeks now and nobody has taken it :D

Then I started making one for my bathroom since one of mine got ruined. I had brown basic rugs in there that I was buying for 35 buck a rug at Bed Bath and Beyond but since I am trying to save money I decided to make one myself. I had the yarn already in my stash so I found a simple pattern and started knitting!

The finished rug in its new home :D

And so you have the last month of my life!

No comments: