Friday, September 18, 2009

Trin comes back!

Triniti came to Moscow to get her stuff and I miss her tons now that she is gone :( but while she was here we did some fun things. She brought her boyfriend Alex with her and we went to Nectar for dinner. Trin and Alex at Nectar.
We went to Sangria for dessert and then went to Mix to have a few drinks. These are our drinks. If you go there I think its the Pom Passion is amazing.
Triniti and I being goofy.
The Next day we went Garnet digging. Star Garnets are only found in Idaho and India and the Emerald Creek Garnet digging area is only about an hour away so we headed up there. I thought it would be a fun thing to do with Trin since it is her birthstone. How you do it is you get buckets and go to this hill and load your self up with dirt. Then you sift through it in sifters and get all the dirt out and what you have left is rocks. You then take it down to the sluice and clean it off and then you can see the garnets. Its hard to find them though because they look like dark rocks. So here is Me digging.
Trin and I sifting through the dirt.
Trin and Alex sluicing.
Trin found a HUGE garnet!
Weighing out at the end of the day.
Showing off our garnets!
It was a fun weekend and I MISS YOU TWO!!!!

No comments: