Friday, April 10, 2009

Mom's Birthday, dagrons, and new project!

Today is my wonderful mothers birthday. I am so grateful for her. She does so much for everyone and is an all around great person. I know everyone thinks their mom is great but mine really is she works so hard to make sure everyone is taken care of. I just would like to wish her a very happy 21st again birthday.
This is a picture of my mom, my littlest brother Kody and I on mothers day last year.

On to my ramblings :P
This is my newest little buddy Char. Ggot him on the 7th and he is the cutest thing.
This is him chilling on his rock with his dinner. He loves people so as soon as he hear me coming with the camera he turned around and looked so I could get a picture.
This is him compared to my hand. He is 7 inches including tail which is like half of him. He is incredibly sweet. When we go to feed him he gets excited about seeing us so he gets distracted and it takes him a bit to eat.

So my new project! I decided it would be a good time to redo the really ugly hand me down coffee table. So... Here is the before shot.

Like I said its really ugly and pretty tore up but after a million hours of sanding I got it pretty well stripped. (FYI sanding by hand SUCKS)
This is the top of the table. Just that part alone took around 4 hours of straight sanding :(
So I have it restained and it looks tons better. I have to wait a few days for it to dry then I will varnish it and wait for that to dry but I will post pictures when its all done.

Because it was a little cold out side I sanded in the house and got sawdust EVERYWHERE!
This afternoon I went through and cleaned it all up. It got the first really good vacuuming since we moved in because our old vacuum sucked (Thank you Carla for the vacuum!).
So this is the living room now. Coffee tableless but very clean!

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Char eh? At least he isn't red and spits fire when you let him loose.

;)

Very cute though. I'd probably have gotten one of the orange looking ones myself.