This year I am doing Project 52 which is 52 books in a year. So far I'm right on track! I am going to up date at the end of each month what I read so not to be quite so redundant. To finish off January I read:
The Expected One by Kathleen McGowan.
This book was semi Da Vinci Code like in that it is a religious based book about things that were suppose to have happened and the church has been hiding them. It's all about Mary Magdalene and her life and a woman that experiences a spiritual journey to find the lost gospels of Mary herself. It was pretty good if you like those thing and had some very visual and emotional parts if you are religious. Not as quick paced as I personally like but not bad either.
The Well and The Mine by Gin Phillips This book I got from bookmooch.com last month and was super excited to read it. Someone had recommended it to me a while back so when I finally got it after months of waiting I was thrilled. This book is set back in the late 1920's to early 1930's and shows the every day life of a family and the town they live in during these hard times. It's a pretty good coming of age book that gets you intrigued about a mysterious woman that throws her baby down the families well on the first page. I enjoyed it and it was a relatively quick read.
Other than that not a whole lot has been going on just busting my butt at school and working.
Other than that not a whole lot has been going on just busting my butt at school and working. I have been keeping up with my New Years resolutions pretty well with the exception of working out since I have been sick and injured. I have also slipped a few times on the no biting my nails but I am working on it. :)
Hope you all have a fabulous month!
No comments:
Post a Comment