Ok I know I have been slacking quite a bit on posting and I know I really have no good reason for doing this but I promise I will be posting things soon I just finally got some of my pictures off my laptop and onto my desk top so hopefully that will motivate me.
So a friend of mine was doing this as part of her New Years Resolution dum dum dummmm and i read a million books anyways so I thought why not I can probably do that. The goal: read 52 books in one year. (One for each week or so)
Rules:
1. You may read at your own pace, but I recommend one book per week.
2. No re-reads. If you began a book but didn't finish that is ok.
3. No magazines, ebooks, audio books, textbooks, etc.
4. Acceptable forms: All fiction, non-fiction, and collections of essays, short stories or poetry. Graphic novels count as long as there are lots of other types of books being read too!
Rules:
1. You may read at your own pace, but I recommend one book per week.
2. No re-reads. If you began a book but didn't finish that is ok.
3. No magazines, ebooks, audio books, textbooks, etc.
4. Acceptable forms: All fiction, non-fiction, and collections of essays, short stories or poetry. Graphic novels count as long as there are lots of other types of books being read too!
P.S. You should all join in :) and if you have any good recommendations you should let me know what they are.
So I'm doing it the first book I read was Mossy Creek by a bunch of different authors. It was pretty good a quick light read that was composed of short stories. This book was recommended by the ladies at Diva Cafe in the book club section and while it's not my favorite it was an ok read. Now I am about half way through my second book :) Other New Years Resolutions for me included:
1. Don't bite my nails (I make this one every year and fail miserably every year but it's good to try)
2. Be able to do 100 push ups (I actually was doing pretty well with this one till I fell down the stairs and hurt my shoulder then got sick :( )
3. Not to cut or dye my hair for 6 months (For anyone that knows me this is hard since I like to change my hair by the second but I make this one every year to try and give my hair a chance to grow and to not be damaged by the coloring it every 2 seconds.)
4. Stay on budget (so far my budget keeps changing so this has been a hard one especially since I just started working again and don't get a pay check till February)
Hopefully you all are sticking to your resolutions as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment