Thursday, July 16, 2009

Gardening

So I have been trying to do this post for a while now but for some reason I couldn't get the pictures to work so here goes. Out at the Blevins house they have their gardens planted and they offered to let me have a little plot of land to have my own little garden.
So here it is the little plot in the back with the mail box is mine before it was planted.

When I first got to it there were TONS of weeds so after a long days work I pulled them all. This is said pile of weeds :PThe next weekend I planted a few things. We went to the Moscow farmers market and bought tomatoes and cucumbers, basil, and squash so here is my little garden planted. There are very pretty sunflowers growing behind it.Me all dirty from the days work.And my fantastic sunburn. I had sunscreen on but not well enough. You can see my hand prints from where I was trying to get my neck.On the way home I took a few pictures of the drive from Deary to Moscow. Here is the Deary library.And this is a Canola field. I think they are so pretty.
This is the flower up close. They are used to make canola oil if you hadn't already guessed :PThat concludes my little gardening adventure for the time being.

No comments: