So for Christmas last year I got 2 dwarf hamsters. One of them got sick and died a few months later. I had a hard time finding another little friend for mine. I just happened to go the the pet store one day looking for new shells for my hermit crabs and amazingly enough they had dwarf hamsters! I bought one to be friends with the one I had, I told the guy at the pet store to make sure she was a girl because I didn't want babies so he double checked. When I got home I found out hamsters are very territorial. Because I only had 1 cage I had to improvise to find somewhere for the hamster to live since my original one Siggy and it didn't get along. I ended up using one of the plastic drawers in a little plastic dresser thing we have. I came home one day and went about feeding and watering the animals and noticed the bedding moving in the drawer. The pet store had given me a girl but she was pregnant and we didn't find out till she had the babies.

All together she had 8 of them. Needless to say for about 4 months I had mass amounts of hamsters. Unfortunaly hamster will start breeding again about 4 weeks after they are born so I had to go get another cage to seperate the boys from the girls. so at this point 2 of the babies had passed so we had 8 left the mom, Siggy and 6 babies. Luckly I found a good home for all of them except two. I kept one and gave one to my friend Melissa.
Mine is the little grey one munching on the top of the chip. Melissas is the white and grey one next to it.


No comments:
Post a Comment