Ok So anyone that has ever met me at some point has thought if not said to my face, "Wow she is (insert random special person insult)" if they haven't they themselves are in fact a special person. :P
When I was younger and someone said "shes a blonde" I always thought "well DUH!" now that I am older and not so blonde I get the connotations but catch myself thinking the same thing when someone says that phrase. When I was in high school I was as blonde as can be, both hair color wise and ditz wise. I had no problem admitting that I was a complete ditz and still don't but recently it has occurred to me that maybe I should go back to blonde so more of my "special acts" are dismissed because of the hair color.
My theory on why blondes have more fun is because people don't worry about the things they do that are dumb because of their hair color. This stereotype has both worked for and against blondes.
I dyed my hair a darker color after I started college because I thought to myself "Self I'm in college now, that means I am an adult so I need to start being taken seriously" obviously I figured I would get more respect with a darker shade. I foolishly thought that if I darkened my hair I would stop doing so many dumb things so that being the case I went from this:
to something a little more sophisticated. I then came to the realization that even though I was sporting a different color (dark brown at the time) I still did a lot of stupid things.
In my world being special entails being clumsy, having brain farts, accident prone, saying and doing dumb things etc. That being said I am the most special person in the world. Thinking that changing my hair color would change this was a BIG special moment because it did not help one bit. I still have a million random pictures with my hair every color in the book and most of them look something like these:


I am proud to be a special person. I feel like its part of my dorky charm. As an added bonus I always have something to laugh at. No matter what color my hair is I am a true blonde at heart.
Now I must be off to do something that will make people give me questionable looks! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment