Monday, March 1, 2010

Trying my hand at being crafty again

I got these old window frames from some friends and decided to do fun things with them so here is the first.
First I started by scraping the paint off yes in the living room again.
This proved to be quite the task so I went to the hardware store and got heavy duty stripper.
Like my sexy orange gloves?
After I put the stripper on I found out why scraping was hard there were 3 layers of paint and primer. It was white, orange, green, and white again.
After it dried I started to paint I got this awesome blue.
And again I painted in the living room. I will never learn outside is a good place to do these little projects.
And finally we have the finished product. I strung wire on it and put cute little clippies on now I just have a few finishing touches and it will be awesome. I hung it by the door I put little screw things in so our keys could hang on it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by and following me :)
I LOVE what you made! What a great idea!! I think I might try my hand at something like that...but first I need to find a place to hang it, haha!