Friday, November 6, 2009

Seattle Weekend 1

I went over to Seattle for the weekend. I started out after I got off work that Friday. Seattle is about 5 hours away from Moscow driving and there is 2 ways you can go one takes you on a detour way out of the way and the other is the straight shot well the one that takes you on the detour is interstate the whole way and the straight shot is a dinky 2 lane highway in the middle of nowhere. I took the dinky route and a few hours out in the middle of nowhere it was dark and raining I blew out a tire. Below is how bad it was. Lucky some really nice people pulled over and helped me change it.

I got there decently late that night so went straight to bed. The next morning found out the Redmond farmers market was held right outside where I were staying so I wandered around and got some amazing cheese.
I also discovered Cabbage flowers. I had never seen these before but apparently they are pretty common in Seattle because there were everywhere.
Also discovered red sunflowers which were also everywhere and very pretty.

A lady there was selling Alpaca wool and she brought the Alpaca's with her.After the market I met Liz, Vic and Stuart for breakfast at the Belview club.
As you probably have noticed I like food so there will be a lot of food mentioning.
For lunch went to a Korean restaurant. They bring you a bunch of small bowls for appetizers.
One of the bowls had sardines in it which I am not really a fan of anything that stares at me while I am eating so I didn't try that out.
I got soft tofu soup which was really good it came boiling.Later that night when I went to dinner I went to a really good Indian restaurant named Mehfil if your ever in the Redmond town center go eat there its so good.
Outside I walked into a bunch of Zombies doing the Thriller! If you go to this link you can see what I walked into and about half way through if you watch the back behind all the zombies you see me walk up and stand back a bit we are in the white and black :P
But the weekend had to come to an end so I drove back home. Here is a picture of the Columbia.

No comments: